Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lydia Brian Todd

Well, she has finally arrived!! Lydia was born January 20, 2008 at 4:59 A.M. at home with her Daddy, April (the midwife of the century), and Rachel (April's assistant). The birth was very peaceful and beautiful. We labored and delivered by candle light to soothing music, it was amazeing. I know to some of you this may seem crazy or strange, but as bad as it hurt I would know never do any other way. It was AWESOME!! David was wonderful and so great during the birth; he never even grimaced when his wife was pushing out more than the baby!

Lydia is truly a sweet baby, she only cries when she is hungry. She is currently trying very hard to find her thumb and we think she may be a south paw like her two grandpa's. Lydia weighed 6lbs and 3 ounces and was 19 and 3/4 inches long. She was weighed at a few days ago and now weighs 8 pounds 10 ounces and is 21 and half inches long. Not bad for 3 weeks growth...I guess milk really does a body good!!

We have had many visitors since her arrival and I am a little behind on blogging and correspondence, so please bear with me. She spent the first two weeks with her Mimi and Papa (David's parents) and then the last 8 days with her Grandpa and Tutu (My Dad and Step Mom...Tutu is Hawaiian for Grandma, so we gave that to Connie). All the grandparents seem to be truly in love and my dad keeps threatening to sneak Lydia home in his travel bag!

Well I will update more later...

I know you have been waiting for pictures so here are some of the latest pictures that we have.

0 comments: